Well, it's been a great first week with Shepard! He has been a FANTASTIC baby so far! Great eater and great sleeper. Because Owen was such a challenging infant, I'm having a hard time believing a baby can actually be somewhat easy. (Keeping fingers crossed!)
I was nervous about Owen coming home, what he'd think...would he be jealous? He has done GREAT with Shepard. He's very interested in his baby brother, and he's super helpful with getting me diapers or burp cloths. He doesn't quite understand why there isn't room for him on my lap while I'm feeding Shepard, but we're working on that.
Owen was EXTREMELY wound up one evening, and I was about to pull my hair out! He was literally climbing on top of the coffee table and jumping onto the sofa, then to the chair. He was hitting things with his foam baseball bat and being REALLY loud. So Mom took Shepard (who was sleeping!) and Owen and I went outside with the soccer ball to try to get some energy out. Anyway, he was so sweet...he decided to collect pine cones for Mom, Ben, myself, himself, and he got a tiny one for Shepard. Then he came inside and crushed them all over the couch and coffee table. Lovely.
Sleeping again!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment