Well, we finally made it to see Santa today, two days before Christmas!!! This was our fourth attempt! Ben and I tried to think through when the boys would both be awake and well-rested enough to load up for a 45-minute drive and stand in a long line. But since Shepard's nap schedule is so unpredictable, Ben and I decided we'd just make sure Owen would get his nap and not worry about Shepard. So after lunch today, I got both boys down, then Ben left for Bass Pro Shop to get a "Bass Pass," which is basically a time slot for a photo with Santa. As soon as both the boys were in bed, I hurried to our bedroom to get myself dressed and pack the diaper bag. Fifteen minutes later, I hear Owen on the monitor calling my name. I bolted across the house because he was hollering for me so loud and I didn't want him to wake his brother. I walked in his room and he asked me if it was time to wake up! Seriously? I had only had enough time to brush my teeth and get mascara on one eye! So I told him he had to sleep before we could go. I then went back to my room to finish dressing, and just as I got the other eye done, Shepard woke up!!! Lord, have mercy. I tried my best to get him to go back to sleep, to no avail. So I just gave up and put him in the swing while I finished dressing. As soon as I was finished, Owen woke up! (I'm really not sure he ever went to sleep.) So after all that hard work, and Ben going ahead of us to Bass Pro, Shepard slept 20 minutes and Owen slept MAYBE 40! I was so frustrated...I just loaded them up and set out to see Santa way early! Anyway, when we got there, we were able to get right on in and didn't have to wait. Santa sure was sweet and thanked both the boys for being sweet all year.
Priceless...I was so glad we had gone to all the trouble for this moment!
Here's Owen watching Frosty the Snowman last night and enjoying a big bowl of "pop pop."
Shepard watched Sesame Street with his big brother this morning!
What a sweet picture of Shepard with his Pop.Owen playing "tuggle war" with Coop.
No comments:
Post a Comment