So all of the sudden, Shepard is a real baby! I know that sounds funny, but I mean he's not a tiny little infant anymore. It happened so fast! He'll be six months old next week, and just in the last week he has done some really great things!
The one I'm most proud of is that when Ben was holding him today, I walked up and started talking to him, and HE REACHED HIS ARMS OUT FOR ME! My heart just melted!
The second thing he has done is the thing I'm most thankful for - HE PUT HIS PACI IN HIS MOUTH UNASSISTED! For those of you who have had paci-loving babies, you know what a big deal this is! You know this means that you can leave about 8 or 10 pacifiers in the crib at night and know that your baby can get himself back to sleep without your help if he wakes up! Thank you, God.
Lastly, I am so relieved because he has learned to gnaw on a Ritz cracker in his high chair until it turns to mush. This means that Ben & I can now eat our supper without one of us having to hold him on our knee and eat salad left-handed while half of it ends up on our lap or on Shepard's head! We can get through our whole meal on about half of a Ritz cracker. Thank you, Nabisco.


No comments:
Post a Comment