Well, we all made it through Day 5 of potty boot camp. Whew! We've been sort of potty-training for a while, but I decided it was time to really hit it hard. Well, actually, what happened was that I read the paperwork from our church's preschool that Owen will attend next year and it said in bold print: CHILD MUST BE POTTY-TRAINED!!! Okay, no pressure!
I was really dreading this little adventure. But once we convinced Owen to ditch the diaper and give the undies a try, it hasn't been so bad. He learned really fast that he did not like poop in his undies. I feel like he's almost got that part licked. As for the wetting, we just don't give him much of a chance to wet himself. I have him on a strict schedule of going about every 45 minutes!! He really is doing well.
I, on the other hand, am exhausted!!! When I'm not taking him to the potty, I'm changing wet undies, putting on dry undies, rinsing out wet undies, or washing a load of undies. And I think I have used a whole tub of Clorox wipes in the last week on the toilet and surrounding areas...his aim is not too good yet. But I guess it's okay that this process is so taxing. I keep eating all of his "potty candy" that he gets for successfully using the potty (1 jelly bean for TT; a tootsie roll or starburst for poop.) At least I'm burning off some of those calories.
Okay, enough about that! Here are some pics of Owen's new headboard! I found this headboard in someone's trash on trash day a few months ago. It had an ugly factory finish on it and was all chipped and beat up, so Ben has been slowly refinishing it when he's had the time. I think it looks great! And it was FREE!!
And I took this of Cooper b/c he just looked so pitiful! I was cleaning up the kitchen after dinner and Ben was giving Owen a bath. He just couldn't stand not being with us. He sat at the door for the longest time, just staring in.




No comments:
Post a Comment