So I've been stuck indoors for quite awhile now with a three-year-old boy and a baby. Usually that is a recipe for misery! But Owen has been so pleasant and well-behaved lately, despite not being able to get outside and burn off some energy. I try to get creative every night and figure out something "special" we can do the next day. You know, something like baking cookies, working on a craft, going upstairs and building something cool with leggos. This morning it was a pillow fight in our bedroom!
Today when I was fixing lunch, Owen asked me for his markers and some paper. I was busy getting lunch together and noticed he was being so quiet. All the sudden he handed me the paper, and I couldn't believe what I was seeing! He drew a real picture!!! A face with two eyes, a nose, a mouth, two arms, and, well, THREE legs. I was so proud!! I asked him to sign his name at the top. I hope you can read it. It really does say "O-w-e-n."
I don't know why -- maybe hormones settling down after the pregnancy -- but I have been soooo emotional lately about how big Owen is getting. I can't believe he has one more year of preschool and then he's off to "big-boy school" for most of the day. My time at home with him from sun-up to sun-down will be over. I have a lump in my throat just typing this. He's doing so many things by himself...dressing himself (almost), going to the bathroom and washing his hands, taking his plate to the table and then to the sink when he's finished. I am truly learning to cherish every day, because I feel like I will blink my eyes and he'll be all grown up.
Okay, on to Shepard! Speaking of growing up, he's growing like a weed! His new thing is to scooch down in his bouncy seat and stick his feet up in the air!
He's really started to reach for things...
...and his hands are ALWAYS in his mouth!

No comments:
Post a Comment